Dollarmakers.com BLOG

Saturday, November 12, 2005

ASK - The Key to Joint Ventures

“Will you marry me?” That was the most important question I ever asked anyone in my life. I was very fortunate when Rika finally agreed! I have the best wife in the world, no question about that, but it would never have happened had I not asked. March 29th, we’ll have been married for 20 years. All because I asked. How many opportunities have we lost in life, simply because we didn’t ask? What’s the worst that can happen? They can say, “No.”

I know it’s hard for some of us to ask, especially self-sufficient, proud, responsible, disciplined and hard working entrepreneurs. We don’t want to take advantage, we’re afraid of being made a fool of, afraid of rejection, and so on. But the fact is, things only happen when we make them happen. And that usually involves asking people to do something. Together, we can do amazing things – but we need to invite others to participate in our Joint Venture programs in order to achieve the maximum results, and that involves asking. And it’s absolutely amazing what people will do, if you simply ask them to!

I talked with a beggar on the street once. I was interested to know if he felt bad when people didn’t give him money. He answered, “No, siree! I don’t feel bad if they ignore me or don’t give me money – THEY feel bad! I just keep on askin’, askin’, askin’, and the Law of Averages kicks in. I can predict pretty accurately how much money I will make on any given day, as long as I keep askin’. And the more I ask, the more I git!” Salespeople know this – it’s a Numbers Game – ratios are real. Statistics are real. It’s a game. Ask ten people and you might get something. Ask a thousand people and you most certainly will!

Set up your Joint Ventures in such a way that YOU ask many people and that you have a system to ask many more. And the more you ask for, the more you’re likely to get. Be confident, plan your strategy well and ASK. By all means ask. Ask many people. Ask for more. “You have not, because you ask not”, is true.
Become a Joint Venture Broker - Visit www.DollarMakers.com