Dollarmakers.com BLOG

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Empowering Questions

You talk to yourself at a rate of 600 words a minute. Even when you’re talking to yourself out loud, you're talking with yourself internally as well. You’re constantly evaluating your circumstances and choices, based on your frame of reference and conditioning. Many of the confusions we jump to are automatic; conditioned responses based on past experiences which were often painful. So, many of the choices that we make are guaranteed to keep us in a negative loop, unless we consciously and actively stop the downward cycle and interrupt the negative pattern. Here’s a proven and simple way to do just that.

Have you noticed that you always answer your own questions, and that the question determines the answer? And that we act on those answers? If you ask yourself, “Why am I so stupid?” You’ll get an answer that confirms that you are stupid, by telling you why you are stupid. If you ask, “Why do I have to work so hard?” you’ll trigger the same, negative response to confirm and support a negative belief or paradigm. “Why can’t I get out of debt?” will elicit an automatic, programmed response that will keep you in debt.

The way to break free and escape this trap is to consciously and purposefully construct and ask questions that are designed to break the mold of pessimism and failure in any area of your life. In order to break disempowering habits, one fast way is to constantly ask yourself the right questions.

Write down the questions and be sure to ask yourself these questions (out loud, if possible) at least seven times every day. Try these for a start:
How can I double my income?
What is great about my life?
What do I like, respect and admire about the person I just met?
How can I add more value to the products and services I sell?
What am I grateful for?
How can I do more in less time?
What am I happy about? What is great about this situation?
Why do I have so much energy and joy?
How can I joint venture with others to make my dreams come true in a fraction of the time?
What can I do to increase the happiness and comfort of those I work with / my vendors / my family?
What did I learn today that will help me for the rest of my life?
Why am I such a great person? Why do people like and respect me?

Tailor your questions to overcome mental and emotional challenges in your life. Focus on good things, solutions and events that you’re grateful for. Focus on what you want, not on what you don’t want. Create vivid mental pictures of your goals. Manage your mind and thoughts and everything else in your life will improve. Most of all, mix with Eagles instead of turkeys – Eagles will help you, support you and encourage you. Want to know where to find them? Click here.

Robin J. Elliott has been officially included in the International Who's Who of Entrepreneurs in 2002 and has been nominated as a candidate for inclusion in the 2004-2005 edition of the International Who's Who of Professionals. www.DollarMakers.com

Special Announcement
The Best Business Deal You’ve Ever Seen: Click here

On the anniversary of John Lennon’s death, we honor his memory with this quote of his: “I’m not afraid of death because I don’t believe in it. It’s just getting out of one car, and into another.”