Dollarmakers.com BLOG

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Clues to Success

You can learn a lot from the questions that people ask and the statements they make. When you’re used to these verbal clues, they are like giant, flashing neon signs that read either, “YES! I’m a winner!” or, “Run like hell from this loser leech!” Here are a few, proven tips that you can take to the bank when it comes to evaluating potential Joint Venture partners. Listen carefully and you’ll be amazed at how transparent people are.

Losers ask, “How much are others making? Are ANY of them making money with this concept? How do I know this isn’t a scam?” (This is called “projection” – losers can’t believe anybody is actually successful at anything because they never experience success themselves.)
Winners ask, “Are there any limitations on the amount I can earn? Can I start right away?”

Losers ask, “How do I know this will work? What’s the catch? It looks too good to be true…”
Winners ask, “How can I capture this market and go really big? What stops me from opening this up in untouched areas?” They follow up and they follow through.

Losers ask, “How do I know I won’t get ripped off? How do I know you will pay me?”
Winners ask, “Can I be the main person in this area? Can I run things? Can I get sole rights? I’m the best around, you know…”

Losers say, “What if everybody does this? There won’t be enough to go around – too much competition…” Scarcity.
Winners say, “Let’s share! There’s more than enough for everybody! Let’s look at the big picture. Together, we’re unlimited.” Abundance.

Losers jump around from scheme to scam like drunken grasshoppers. They quit easily, and work on small projects, in direct proportion to their self-esteem. They let you down, lie, and hide. Usually, their home lives are a clue to their chaotic and desperate business lives. They like to be aninymous so that their progress is not evident.
Winners work on big projects and expect to win. They keep their promises and they take massive, focused action. They’re in it for the long haul, so they end up making the big money.

When you see the red flag, don’t try to dye it white. Cut bait, move on, and find a winner to work with. Seek people with a win/win approach, who think big and stay with you through the storms. Together, you’ll arrive at Treasure Island.

Robin J. Elliott
www.DollarMakers.com