Dollarmakers.com BLOG

Monday, February 11, 2008

The Real Thing

Today I made a stupid mistake - I answered the phone, thinking it was my printer. Instead, it was a very typical phone call. "I have this amazing health product and how can the DollarMakers Joint Venture Brokers Club help me sell more of my products? What can you offer me? I have read your website." Yeah, right! And you have a very low IQ, too. DollarMakers is about Joint Ventures, not the type of joint you just finished smoking. Here's a special message to the next broke, self-employed salesman that calls me with this kind of ridiculous question: We're in business to make a profit, not to sell your placebo effect snake oils. We're not your salespeople or hired hands - you can't afford us. We teach people how to broker business deals, not how to stay broke by flogging overpriced lotions and potions.

Now let me tell you how I REALLY feel... A real businessman or entrepreneur is in business to make the maximum amount of net, after-tax profit, with the least amount of time, risk, and cost. We do that by leveraging resources. Our egos are not involved. We focus on the bottom line. We invite people to join our Club in order to learn more about Joint Ventures and to get access to like-minded people who understand the process. You make more money by triangulating deals and selling other peoples' products and services than your own products, services, or time. If you want to make money, broker JV's. If you want to feel important, loved, and clever, go buy a teddy bear. If you want hugs, find a new age support group or become a chubby chaser. If you want PROFIT, come to DollarMakers.

There are a lot of illiterate, blind people out there who claim to have read my website. But then, to be fair, reading it doesn't mean they understand it, even after watching hours of videos and reading an entire 146 page book. After all, the average IQ on a bell curve is only 100. So let me try to explain one more time how to make money, using examples that the average entrepreneur can identify with. If I sell my time as a ditch digger (I rarely do) I can make a limited amount of money. If I subcontract the job and become an agent for ditch diggers, I can make more money, because I am leveraging other peoples' time. 100% of my own limited time versus 20% of the time of twenty other people = four times more money using leverage.

I had a "personal success coach" call me and tell me he understands exactly what a Joint Venture is and how they work. He can't afford to attend the next Bootcamp, however. In fact, he does not understand Joint Ventures, because if he did, he would not sell his own time. That's why he has no money. He is unconsciously incompetent; he doesn't know that he doesn't understand. Only 1% of the owners of small and medium sized business, and about .1% of self-employed salespeople, understand and use Joint Ventures.

At our training sessions, I encourage "business owners" to try and forget that they have a business, to forget that they have products and services to sell, and to focus instead on value, money, and distribution. In other words, on business. Pretend, for a heart-wrenching minute, that you have closed your business down. Forget about how smart and experienced you think you are. Nobody believes you, nobody cares, and it doesn't matter. Focus instead on getting other people what they want and make sure you get paid for every transaction you facilitate. Then, instead of being a Dollar Faker, or a Dollar Taker, you will become a dyed in the wool, geniune, 24-carat DollarMaker.

Robin J. Elliott (Gentle, humble, scared, and politically correct, as always.) www.DollarMakers.com