Dollarmakers.com BLOG

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"Sorry, Sir, we're all out!"

We were walking down Oxford Street in London yesterday, looking at all the stores, and I thought, what DON'T they sell? Every wonderful product you can think of is available for sale. If I was a store, there would be some things I didn't sell. I would say, "Sorry, we're all out". What wouldn't I sell, and what shouldn't you sell?

Sorry, sir, we're all out of "I 'll try".
Sorry, Ma'am, we're all out of excuses.
Sorry, sir, we're all out of "I'll do my best".
Sorry, Ma'am, we're all out of "It wasn't my fault".
Sorry, sir, we're all out of "I don't have time".
Sorry, Ma'am, we're all out of "I can't help it".
Sorry, sir, we're all out of "I don't know what to do".
Sorry, Ma'am, we're all out of "It's the economy / competition / my parents' fault".
Sorry, sir, we're all out of "IF".
Sorry, Ma'am, we're all out of "I HOPE".
Sorry, sir, we're all out of "Maybe / Perhaps / I GUESS".
Sorry, Ma'am, we're all out of "I THINK / More or less".
Sorry, sir, we're all out of "The people in this town don't get it".
Sorry, Ma'am, we're all out of blaming, complaining, whining, and weak excuses.
Sorry, sir, we're all out of showing up late, and not returning calls and e mails punctually.
Sorry, Ma'am, we're all out of scarcity thinking.

You see, sir/madam, we don't stock junk and we only work with winners who think big, demand excellence, and take responsibility and make things happen. Our best sales clerk is Mr. Yoda, who taught me that "there is no TRY, only do or do not."

Robin J. Elliott www.DollarMakers.com